gr8fuldaniel

gr8fuldaniel

Rantings, Musings, Observations, Political Protest, My findings in a quest for truth posted here, open to all. Comments have been disabled due to spam bombers. Pray4Peace.

******************

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Wounded Italian Reporter Recalls Ordeal:
"Giuliana Sgrena described how she was wounded and Italian intelligence officer Nicola Calipari was killed as she was celebrating her freedom on the way to the airport. The shooting Friday has fueled anti-American sentiment in a country where people are deeply opposed to the war in Iraq.
``I remember only fire,'' Sgrena wrote in her newspaper, the communist daily Il Manifesto. ``At that point a rain of fire and bullets came at us, forever silencing the happy voices from a few minutes earlier.''
Sgrena said the driver began shouting that they were Italian, then ``Nicola Calipari dove on top of me to protect me and immediately, and I mean immediately, I felt his last breath as he died on me.''
Suddenly, she said, she remembered her captors' words, when they warned her ``to be careful because the Americans don't want you to return.'' "

Search:
Keywords: